Thanks for visiting our blog! My mom taught me that a good meal, made from scratch, can solve just about everything.The recipes on this blog are gentle on tummies, tasty, weight-loss promoting, and can be made without a fuss. Most of them are free of gluten, dairy, corn, and sweeteners. Best of all, they help those that eat them become more patient, more loving, and more kind. Please, keep in touch! Thanks again for visiting.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Crunchy, Flavorful Chips!!!

This recipe was given to me by my friend Amy. It languished on my desk at least 6 months, because I kind of doubted that kale chips could ever have the proper crispy / melt-in-your-mouth consistency. Well, I was wrong!  I learned this only because Colette grabbed hold of the recipe and made some for a mentor who had mentioned that she loved kale chips. Since I was the first up the next morning, she asked me to taste them and unplug the dehydrator if they were done. They are amazing! Thankfully, that batch did not sublimate under my care, even though it was my job to deliver them (phew!). They were well-loved by the recipient, and  the very next day I headed to our coop to pick up the ingredients to make my own. As a former potato chip lover, I am thrilled to have a healthier, dare I say tastier substitute!

They don't take too long to prepare, though they are kind of a special treat since the ingredients are pricey. Once they are in the dehydrator, we leave them overnight (longer than 6-8 hours).

I pass along Amy's wisdom here:
-make sure to use only curly kale! (Dinosaur kale yields dinosaur-skin chips)
- reduce the apple cider vinegar and water by half
-nama shoyu is soy sauce; use your favorite kind
And here is the recipe. For people following THM it is an S. Many thanks to Chrissy for developing this wonderful recipe, to Amy for sharing it, and to Colette for getting the ball rolling! :)
http://www.rawfreedomcommunity.info/forum/showthread.php?t=782

No comments:

Post a Comment