Thanks for visiting our blog! My mom taught me that a good meal, made from scratch, can solve just about everything.The recipes on this blog are gentle on tummies, tasty, weight-loss promoting, and can be made without a fuss. Most of them are free of gluten, dairy, corn, and sweeteners. Best of all, they help those that eat them become more patient, more loving, and more kind. Please, keep in touch! Thanks again for visiting.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Just Like Commercial Lemon Iced Tea

Hooray! I've recreated the flavor of commercial lemon iced tea in my kitchen, without the excess sugar. I am in love with this drink! After years of "just water for me, please," it is a huge treat. I make this every day now. What a tasty way to stay hydrated!

2 teabags or 2t loose black tea (fair-trade and organic)
1 capsule NOW sunflower lecithin (contents only; discard shell)
1/2t salt
20 drops NOW liquid stevia (organic)
dash lemon flavoring (I use frontier)
2t lemon juice

Brew one cup of very strong tea; let cool. Combine tea with other ingredients and blend until white and frothy. Pour into a half gallon jar and fill to the top with water. Enjoy!! 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Can I ask what is Sunflower Lecithin? Health Benefits?
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, thanks for your question! First of all the lecithin is optional. It is my almond milk subsitute (since I avoid carrageenan)-- makes the tea a little creamier, frothier, smoother. You could leave it out. The main nutrient in sunflower lecithin is choline, which the Weston A. Price Foundation says is good for blood health ("lowers homocysteine," somehow related to cholesterol-- sorry I'm not well-versed in that subject). I put it in for the "yum." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you did almond milk instead of the sunflower lecithin do you know how much you would put in? Thank you for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! :) A quarter cup should do nicely.

      Delete