Thanks for visiting our blog! My mom taught me that a good meal, made from scratch, can solve just about everything.The recipes on this blog are gentle on tummies, tasty, weight-loss promoting, and can be made without a fuss. Most of them are free of gluten, dairy, corn, and sweeteners. Best of all, they help those that eat them become more patient, more loving, and more kind. Please, keep in touch! Thanks again for visiting.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Raspberry Creme Pudding

As you can see from my recent flurry of posts, I have been really enjoying liquid stevia lately. It makes everything taste so sweet and yummy! However, at the end of a weekend full of puddings and iced tea by the half gallon, I found myself a sneezin' fool. Can it be that I am one of the few for whom stevia causes ragweed allergy symptoms? I decided that stevia and I must take a little break to assess whether or not this was true.

I did not go quietly into this decision. Let's say I was irked. My first full day with No Treats I was so miffed I ate more than my share of peanuts-- and usually I don't eat any nuts whole as they are a trigger food for me. Thankfully I snapped out of Eeyoring about it and got busy in the kitchen. 

Today is Day 4 and I have finally figured out a FP pudding worthy of posting. The sweetener-free puddings I came up with Monday-Wednesday ranged from "okay" to "definitely better than yesterday" to "GROSS!" to "good, but weird." None were blog-worthy until now. I don't know to what degree my tastebuds have changed in four days, but this one is great! Thank heavens I have found a new FP reason to get out of the bed in the morning! 

3/4c warm water
2T gelatin
2t coconut butter
1/2t or more cinnamon
1/4t salt
dash lemon flavoring
dash vanilla
6-8 raspberries
3 or more ice cubes

Whiz water in the blender, gradually adding gelatin. Add coconut butter, then remaining room-temperature ingredients. Add blackberries, then ice cubes two at a time. If pudding suddenly gels after the first two ice cubes, just go with it-- your pudding is done! :) If not keep adding ice cubes until it does. Enjoy the magical transformation of your treat today and of your body over time! 

Protein: 18g Carbohydrate: 1g from coconut butter (I don't  add in the carbs from blackberries) Fat: 5.33333 repeating grams ;)

Variation: Cocoa Pudding (almost FP, barely S)
3/4c warm water
2T gelatin
2 t coconut butter 
1T cocoa powder
scant 1/4t salt 
dash of vanilla 
4 or more ice cubes
Protein: 18g Carbohydrate: 2.5g Fat: 6g
To make this FP, use only 1t coconut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment